I knew about this brand of bread : Ezekiel 4:9 more than a year ago, and I’ve been hooked since. I don’t want to mask the truth though. The taste is nowhere close to the traditional white bread, those French baguettes or even those Italian bread that we oh so love. Is it awful? No! It actually taste great (with its exceptionally rich, nutty flavor) as compared to other whole grain breads.
This flourless, sprouted 100% whole grain bread is all natural, has no preservatives, organic and only 80 calories per slice plus :
- Source of Complete Protein – Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)
- Contains 18 Amino Acids – Including all 9 essential amino acids
- Increased Digestibility – Sprouting breaks down starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.
- Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
- Increased Vitamin C – Sprouting produces vitamin C.
- Increased Vitamin B – Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6.
- Great source of Fiber – Combining sprouted grains and legumes gives a good amount of natural fiber in each serving.
To top it all, a unique slow-bake process is employed to preserve the natural fiber and bran benefits of the grains.
I buy this bread frozen at my nearby health food store. Surprisingly, I have not come across this brand at the major supermarkets, although I’ve seen it on the freezer of Fairway.