It’s my first time to join, and I like the subject, so here goes:
1. Have a shopping list handy when going to the supermarket so you only buy what you really need.
2. Clip coupons.
3. Plan your errands properly so you don’t drive around in circles. Even if gas prices have gone down, that extra money spent on gas can be perused on something else.
4. Walk, don’t drive if your destination is within walking distance. It’s not only good for the environment, it’s also good for the heart.
5. Conserve water. Tell the man of the house to shut off the faucet, and not let water run continuously when shaving.
6. Check for drafts on your windows and doors to help cut down your heating bills.
7. While prices at wholesale clubs(i.e. Costco) are indeed cheaper, ensure that you only buy merchandise that you will be able to consume prior to expiration. Otherwise, they will just go down the drain if they end up in the trash bin.
8. Switch your traditional bulbs to energy efficient ones.
9. Stop shopping impulsively. Imagine the money you can save if you kept your spending in check.
10. Make it a practice to save an X amount of your salary, on top of the money you put in to your 401k or Roth IRA.
I enjoyed making this list. If you want to join, check here next Tuesday.