It’s Friday once again. Here goes 10 things about me:
1. People call me Nikki(because of my maiden name), Juliana, Kalbo(my immediate family call me kalbo because I was bald when I was a baby).
2. I love to travel. When I was still single, I made sure I rewarded myself with travels internationally. My local and some international travels were more often than not, all paid for by the company where I was connected. There would be a month in each year when I used to take 30 days vacation leave from work(this trip I paid for, of course). My husband didn’t make me a seasoned traveler/jetsetter, I made him.
3. I am a clean and a neat freak, but I’m not obsessive compulsive. I just like my sorroundings to be in tip top shape everyday. My house is ready for viewing by anyone at anytime. Visitors can come by un-announced and I won’t have to rush and fix the place(although, in the US dropping by un-announced is taboo).
4. I can survive without TV. Just give me a good book and tons of magazines and I’ll be set.
5. I’m a scrapbook addict. My life is very well recorded in pictures. As soon as I was old enough to scrapbook, I’ve made sure my life was documented via pictures.
6. I’m no techie, but I learn quick.
7. I own a hi-tech digital video cam(Sony DCR-PC9) bought a few years ago. I say, hi-tech, because it was the latest and had the most loaded features of all Sony videocams available in the market that time. With all its bells and whistles, I have only used one feature of the cam: that is to take videos(very amateur result). I am and haven’t took the time to learn how to use it only because, the baby whom it was intended for, doesn’t exist.
8. I only have a few real friends. There’s tons of them that considers themselves to be my friend but sad to say, they have motives which I’m aware of.
9. Professionally, I feel that I’ve been there, done that. I am contented with what I have achieved. I didn’t have to go anywhere else(outside the Philippines) to make it, and for that I’m forever grateful. It was a good feeling being sought after by headhunters in my own country, and not be the one seeking.
10. I used to suffer from gas pain every single afternoon of the weekdays when I used to work. Surprisingly, I don’t have the pain on weekends when I’m off from work, and when on vacation leave. This was brought upon by my highly pressurized and stressful job and I don’t miss it. Not one bit.
Till then… Enjoy the weekend.